Large crowds are expected Saturday for the annual Buccaneer Days Illuminated Night Parade. The City of Corpus Christi and the Police Department want everyone to enjoy the parade and promote a safe environment for all who attend.
Here are some rules for spectators to follow:
- Parade viewing spots on Chaparral St. are first come first serve basis beginning at 8 a.m. on Saturday May 4th. No marking of these spots is allowed.
- Parade viewing spots from Schatzell St. to Buford St. may mark their spots in chalk only. There will be limited spots on Schatzell as some areas will be closed off for spectator safety. People are not permitted to camp along the route before 5:00 p.m. May 3rd.
- Spectators are not allowed to use spray paint to mark their spots along the parade route, residents should use chalk.
- Dogs must be on a leash.
- Keep an eye on your children and should you lose your child be sure to contact the nearest officers as soon as possible. Instruct your children to find an officer should they get lost so that you can be reunited.
- Citizens can rent portable toilets and place them on City property along the parade route, if the toilets do not block the sidewalk, public right of way, or other’s access to the parade route.
- No “poppers” or other noise makers, silly string, or laser lights are allowed along the parade route.
- Spectators are asked to bag their trash before leaving and remove any large items brought to the parade route (e.g. barbeque pits, chairs, coolers).
*Consumption of alcohol is only allowed Saturday, May 4th from 8:00 p.m. to 10:00 p.m. during the parade, along the parade route. Police ask spectators to please drink responsibly so the parade is enjoyable for everyone. Officers will keep an eye out for incidents of public intoxication, including people who are drunk and disorderly.